Wednesday 28 March 2012

Evaluation- Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at my preliminary task I can see a great improvement, the photography is more advanced and looks a lot better; this might be due to the fact I have progressed in my AS Photography lessons. My Photoshop skills have improved a lot and if I were to do my college magazine again I would change the edit slightly as I think the filter could be dialled down slightly or maybe I would use a different one. The fonts and synergy are more fitting to the genre of the magazine and I think looks more professional than my college magazine.


Here is my college magazine cover and my music magazine front cover, if I was in a shop I know which one I would pick up and that would be my music magazine, it looks a lot more professional and catches your eye more than my college magazine which just looks amateur. More Photoshop skills were used for my preliminary task as I had to add a filter, crop the subject and insert it onto InDesign, with my music magazine I used my photo that I edited originally and all I did was adjust the levels and brightness and contrast. This shows that my photography skills have improved a lot and I didn’t need the aid of Photoshop as much as I did before. I think the content on my music magazine has developed and more like something I would read in a real music magazine, my college magazine has some good text but I think you can see a development.

My InDesign skill have improved a lot, the fonts, colours and layout are a lot more appropriate and goes well with the genre compared to my college magazine. Even though my music magazine is in black and white, I think that those colours look more professional and better suited for a music magazine whereas the colours on my college magazine are too bold and not subtle or clever. I added a lot more details in InDesign that an average person might not even notice and with my college magazine I didn’t which shows that my thought process has become more in depth and because I have learnt more about InDesign I think about all the little things I need to add.

Overall I think you can see a great improvement from my preliminary task to my music magazine, the biggest is that my music magazine looks a lot more professional and I am really pleased with the outcome, I am glad I did my college magazine how I did cause it helped me learn and get the outcome I wanted for my music magazine. My music magazine looks like a new magazine and is similar to NME, it represents teenagers in a positive way, it would be produced by IPC Media and has a young specific audience and I have enjoyed doing it and learning new skills along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment