Tuesday 24 January 2012

Double Page Spread final edit



This is my double page spread after I changed the font, I added a text box over the columns and made it grey, I then changed the opacity so it was really faint but still visible so the writing will be visible over it. I then changed the font colour to black, I think the colour of the font on the text box look really effective and goes with the photo and creates a nice and effective style to the page.


Here I made some more changes, I changed the blue outline of the text above the main text to a higher opacity as I didn't like the other blue I had. I added 3 photos on the left page to make the page seem more interesting and to show a happier side to the artists personality as people might percieve the facial expression on the main photo as sad or dull, but I think he looks like he is concentrating on playing the base. 

I added the magazines name at the end of the main text so people know the name and I replaced 'Continues on next page'. I added page numbers on the top left and top right corner in the same font as the magazine name.

Here is some fonts that I experimented with to use for the name of the magazine 'TheBase' I chose this name because the photo is of the artist playing the base.

TheBase
TheBase
TheBase
TheBase
TheBase
TheBase

I chose the 4th font because I felt it was quite modern and not too flashy as music magazines are not very fancy, I think it goes well with the style of music my magazine is which is alternative rock.








After making a few adjustments like making the writing in the text box not to the edge, making the photos on the left page bigger, and making the page numbers smaller, this is my final double page spread. I am pleased with the result and I think choosing the boy double page spread was the right thing to do, putting the photos on the left page made it look less serious which is what I wanted. Using a black and white photo meant there is not much colour on this page but I have read many double page spreads over the years that are completley black and white so I am not worried about that. I can now focus on my contents page.


No comments:

Post a Comment