Tuesday 28 February 2012

Front cover- progress

Here is my front cover in work and progress, I have added more text advertising my double page spread which I also did on my contents page showing that it is a highlight and links all three together so no one will think they're not meant to be in the same magazine. I have added a barcode in the bottom left corner, I have added the issue number, month and price in the top right corner which is all needed on a front cover and makes it more realistic. I have added more strokes to my text to make them more bold and on the main headline I have changed the size of some of the words for more emphasis on the key words, I have put the word 'from' at a slant as it looks more interesting and gives the magazine more attitude I feel. I have changed some of the fonts so they are more interesting but also fitting for my genre and suits the rest of my magazine. The main colours on my front cover are black and white as I feel there is more synergy with my double page spread but I didn't want my contents page to be black and white because otherwise the magazine would not be eye catching enough I feel. I think having the main colours as black and white makes the cover stand out as most front covers are in colour and even though I had my doubts I think it is a good desicion.

No comments:

Post a Comment