Tuesday 22 November 2011

Cover lines for my front cover

Here are the two cover lines I decided to use for my front cover:


Media Trip to... Hollywood!

and

Inset Day on Friday!

I chose these for my cover lines as I had already thought of them before hand and I thought they were fitting for my cover. I used the font called 'Celticmd' because it stands out and you can tell they're important information. I used green with a blue outline because they are the college colours so are suitable for my magazine but you can't really see the outline, I am pleased with this outcome and I think they make my magazine look edgy and professional. 

I was going to have the cover line 'More buses now available to get to college' but I decided to use it in a puff/plug instead as I think it makes the cover look more interesting and stand out and don't think it would attract the audience as well if it was a cover line.

This is my puff/plug, in the cover the writing is in the circle, I used green and blue again for the colours and the font is 'Lucida Calligraphy', I used this so it is different and simple so doesn't take attention away from the main cover lines.

I have used a light blue background for my front cover so the green and dark blue parts stand out more and because blue is a college colour, this makes the whole magazine stand out on a shelf and is a good asset.

I put the issue number and the date of release next to the barcode and price as that information are all relevant but shouldn't stand out that much except for the price so they should be together. I put the price as 20p as I think the magazine is worth some money but it is only a college magazine so shouldn't cost too much, and students with some spare change can easily buy it, the price is in yellow so it stands out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment