Tuesday 1 November 2011

Preliminary Task- Initial Ideas

My initial ideas for my magazine and front cover are:

I am going to have a image of a boy or girl covering most of the front cover, this is because images seem to attract peoples eyes more than text so a large image will be good for my magazine.

I am going to have information  about trips and important news such as when there is inset days and news about courses in my magazine as I feel this will attract more students to read the magazine as they will want to know this information.

I am going to have a bold and fairly big masthead on my front cover with an eye catching font to attract the target audience which is Southdowns College students so my magazine will catch their eye.

I am going to have a column on how to improve the magazine and college so the students will feel involved and I can help make the magazine and college the best it can be.

I am most likely going to have a tagline on my magazine cover so it makes the magazine look more sophisticated and interesting.

I am going to use professional and interesting fonts for my magazine to make the text look more interesting for the reader.

I am going to include news about travel in my magazine as I know this is an issue for many students and they would like to know there may be some improvement.

I am going to include a barcode on my magazine cover so students know that it is not a cheap free magazine and that it is worth the money.

I may include some quizzes and puzzles in my magazine so students have something to do on a break if they're bored, and this will encourage them to buy the magazine more often knowing that there is something to do in it other than read.

I may include text on the front cover explaining how good Southdowns College is or something along those lines, to make the reader feel they are at the right college and in a nice environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment