Tuesday 1 November 2011

Preliminary Task- Draft of magazine cover

This is my draft of my magazine cover. I took a photo at home of a boy smiling and reading a book with my digital camera, then I put the image on Photoshop and cropped around him with a magnetic lasso tool which took me a while to get the hang of, I then saved the cropped version as a JPEG and then placed it on InDesign and filled the image to the frame proportionally. I then created a title for my magazine and changed the colour and the colour surrounding the text to blue and yellow, blue because it is part of the college logo, and yellow as it is a bright color and will attract the readers eye, I changed the font to an eye catching an edgy font called 'Junior and Stinky' and it makes the cover look professional. I now know when I make the final version of my magazine cover, what type of picture and layout I will use, I may decide to use this image in my final product; I made the boy pose with a book so he looks like he's enjoying college life which is what I want on a cover of a college magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment